Published On: Jan 23 2013 01:26:51 PM ESTUpdated On: Jan 24 2013 02:00:00 AM EST
Real estate website Trulia looked at the number of workers who commute by biking or walking, the availability of healthy food, the number of gyms, the number of sporting goods stores and the number of diet centers to determine th best and worst cities to live in if you want to lose weight. They also included the median price of real estate in those markets per square foot.
(Worst) 10. El Paso, Texas ($86 per square foot)
9. Akron, Ohio ($80 per square foot)
8. Phoenix ($84 per square foot)
7. Houston ($84 per square foot)
6. Memphis, Tenn.-Miss.-Ark. ($74 per square foot)
5. Riverside-San Bernadino, Calif. ($108)
4. San Antonio ($87 per square foot)
3. Bakersfield, Calif. ($85 per square foot)
2. Fort Worth, Texas ($77 per square foot)
1. Las Vegas ($70 per square foot)
(Best) 10. Seattle -- ($151 median price of real estate per square foot)
Republican presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson speaks to Local 10 News senior political reporter Michael Putney about his controversial comments about the victims of the mass shooting in Oregon and what he thinks of Rupert Murdoch's remark.