Published On: Nov 28 2012 11:21:40 AM ESTUpdated On: Feb 12 2015 10:24:58 AM EST
Three lucky tickets won the massive $564 million Powerball jackpot on Wednesday. As you check your numbers, take a look at the top 10 biggest U.S. lottery jackpots of all time.
10. $365 million (Powerball) -- Won in February 2006 by one ticket purchased in Nebraska.
9. $380 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in January 2011 by two tickets purchased in Idaho and Washington.
8. $390 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2007 by two tickets sold in Georgia and New Jersey.
7. $425 million (Powerball) -- Won in February 2014 by one ticket purchased in Northern California.
6. $448 million (Powerball) -- Won in August 2013 by three tickets -- two in New Jersey and one in Minnesota.
5. $564 million -- (Powerball) The Feb. 11, 2015, Powerball jackpot jumped from $500 million the afternoon of the drawing to an estimated $564 million by the time the numbers were chosen. The numbers drawn were 25, 11, 54, 13, 39 - Powerball: 19. The winning jackpot tickets were sold in North Carolina, Texas and Puerto Rico, said Alex Traverso, California Lottery spokesman.
4. $587.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in November 2012 by two tickets purchased in Arizona and Missouri.
3. $590.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in May 2013 by Gloria C. MacKenzie, 84, of Zephyrhills, Fla. She is noted as the largest sole lottery winner in U.S. history.
2. $636 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in December 2013 by two tickets sold in Georgia and California.
1. $656 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2012 by three tickets purchased in Kansas, Illinois and Maryland. This is noted as the largest cash payout in American lottery history.
A teenager accused of snatching an iPad from a 4-year-old boy inside a hair salon in Tamarac in July accepted a plea deal from the state Tuesday and was sentenced to one year in the Broward County Jail.