A ticket sold in Northern California has won the $425 million Powerball jackpot -- the sixth-largest in U.S. history. Take a look at the top 10 biggest U.S. lottery jackpots of all time.
10. $363 million (The Big Game, precursor to Mega Millions) -- Won in May 2000 by two tickets purchased in Illinois and Michigan.
9. $365 million (Powerball) -- Won in February 2006 by one ticket purchased in Nebraska.
8. $380 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in January 2011 by two tickets purchased in Idaho and Washington.
7. $390 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2007 by two tickets sold in Georgia and New Jersey.
6. $425 million (Powerball) -- Won in February 2014 by one ticket purchased in Northern California.
5. $448 million (Powerball) -- Won in August 2013 by three tickets -- two in New Jersey and one in Minnesota.
4. $587.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in November 2012 by two tickets purchased in Arizona and Missouri.
3. $590.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in May 2013 by Gloria C. MacKenzie, 84, of Zephyrhills, Fla. She is noted as the largest sole lottery winner in U.S. history.
2. $636 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in December 2013 by two tickets sold in Georgia and California.
1. $656 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2012 by three tickets purchased in Kansas, Illinois and Maryland. This is noted as the largest cash payout in American lottery history.
A few thousand pounds of military metal has been converted to serve and protect approximately 2,500 people along less than 1 square mile of streets in one South Florida town.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.