Check your stress at the door this month in Greater Fort Lauderdale
Updated On: Sep 14 2012 09:38:38 AM EDT
As the summer draws to a close and we look back at a summer filled with backyard barbeques and beach staycations, there is still one item on that "to do" list. Schedule in some "me time."
The latest “Stress in America” survey paints a dire picture: more Americans claim they are stressed than ever before.
Greater Fort Lauderdale offers a vacation solution that’s good for mind, body, soul and tourism.
Now in its 5th year, Lauderdale Spa Chic, running September 1 – 30, promotes health, wellness and relaxation along our sunny shores. We aim to replace the “S” in stress with “S” in savings for a happier, healthier community. These September deals give travelers a reason to visit and enjoy luxury for less, with guiltless pampering from head to polished toes.
Fifteen Greater Fort Lauderdale spas are participating in Lauderdale Spa Chic 2012 with treatment options available for $99, up to 50 percent off the regular rates. From the oxygen blast facial at the W Fort Lauderdale’s Bliss Spa to a Zen massage at The Spa at Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, to an orange blossom facial at the Atlantic Resort’s Spa Atlantic, and a signature facial with an opal eye treatment at The Spa at The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale. The treatments run the gamut – including aromatherapy, loofah scrubs, reflexology, manicures and pineapple enzyme back exfoliation.
A full list of participating spas includes:
- Spa Atlantic, The Atlantic Resort & Spa
- Diamante Day Spa
- SPA 950, Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort & Spa
- The Spa at The Grand Resort and Spa
- The Spa at Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
- Spa Q at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
- The Spa at Bonaventure Resort & Spa
- Spa 66 at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six
- The Spa at Lago Mar Resort and Club
- Planet Massage of Las Olas
- Spa Ocean Sands, Residence Inn by Marriot Oceanfront
- The Spa at The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
- Bliss Fort Lauderdale, W Fort Lauderdale
- Heavenly Spa by Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- The Spa at The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
Lauderdale Spa Chic isn’t just for visitors – so, join in on the fun. Visit www.sunny.org/spachic and enjoy! It’s good for you and your piggy bank too.
Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.