Cigarette burglars hit 8 Broward stores in 3 days
Updated On: Aug 14 2012 05:36:35 PM EDT
Two burglars stole cigarettes from eight different stores over three days, said the Broward Sheriff's Office.
Surveillance cameras outside the Rite Shop at 4050 N. Dixie Highway in Oakland Park caught the burglars in the act about 4:20 a.m. August 5.
Video showed two men throw a cement block through the front doors and run inside. One man jumped over the counter, grabbed several cartons of cigarettes, and then both ran back to their SUV.
The burglars hit other stores, including:
- Publix, 1297 S.R. 7, North Lauderdale (3 a.m. Aug. 5)
- Publix, 1003 E. Commercial Blvd., Oakland Park (4:15 a.m. Aug. 5)
- Save-A-Lot, 3400 N. Andrews Ave., Oakland Park (12:45 a.m. Aug. 6)
- Sunoco, 4891 NW 9 Ave., Oakland Park (2:20 a.m. Aug. 6)
- Publix, 4121 W. Commercial Blvd., Tamarac (4:25 a.m. Aug. 6)
- Publix, 9300 W. Commercial Blvd., Sunrise (12 a.m. Aug. 7)
- At least one location in Coconut Creek and Boynton Beach
The burglars are described as being between 20 - 30 years old with slim builds. One was wearing a white tank-top and blue jeans. The other man was wearing a blue, plaid shirt, blue shorts, and had a handkerchief covering part of his face.
Anyone with information is asked to call Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-8477. A reward up to $1,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Hate letter sent to Miami Central HS football coach
New warnings after recent execution of American journalist
Commissioners take part in 2 events ahead of Election Day
County to add body cameras for cops following Ferguson shooting
Police: Father, girlfriend sleeping off hangover when kid was killed by dogs