Crafty Constance: How to make bowties
Bows are a great accessory for any outfit! Making a bow tie for yourself is much better than buying a new one! There are some fun and easy steps you can follow to make your own amazing bow! Special thanks to the Fashion Diva Design Blog for these great ideas!
- Find some fabric: The thicker the better. You don’t necessary have to go out and buy material. You can use denim jeans or an old dress!
- Cut the fabric into the shape of a rectangle: Normally 6 inches is good. The fabric will be folded over and bunched in the center.
- Create the bow: Fold the fabric halfway. Sew the three side remaining sides (if you want). Leave a little hole so you can turn the piece inside out — so you will not be able to see the stitches
- Make your bow: Find the center of the rectangle and push the top and the bottom of the fabric into a bow-like shape. Sew it down the middle to hold it in place. If you’d like to hide the stitching, sew a small band around the middle.
- Extras: You can use a rubber elastic at the back of the bow to secure it. Also a ribbon or button. Let your imagination run wild!
Parents frustrated dropping off, picking up kids at school
Former roommate of kidnapped Miami journalist speaks about Steven Sotlott
Charges filed against teens accused of breaking into Ray Allen’s home
Local 10 News on phone with dad of missing teen when she’s found
Local 10 News gets inside preview of Miami IKEA