Dania Beach breaks ground on marina
The City of Dania Beach broke ground on its marina project Wednesday morning.
The $7.5 million project includes:
- New concrete floating docks to accommodate 120 boat slips
- Replacement of 1,450 linear feet of seawall
- New utilities throughout the marina
- New marina view promenade
- 2,200 square foot boaters' facility
- Pump out facilities
- Picnic Pavilion
- Fish cleaning station
- Entrance Kiosks
- Dredging of the marina
- Storm water improvements
Construction is expected to take about one year with the project completion in the spring of 2014.
The $7.5 million project is funded through grants, marina fees, and city general revenue.
Active shooter drill held at Broward County Courthouse
Updated sketch released of Hollywood abduction suspect
Miami man gives back to inner city children through Generational Cure program
100k people expected to turn out for Ft. Lauderdale boat show
Organization spends money in hope of shaming those who don't vote