Dead mice found in Hialeah restaurant
Updated On: Sep 18 2012 05:25:22 PM EDT
Two dead mice were found in the kitchen of New Dragon Restaurant in Hialeah according to records obtained by Local 10. An inspector with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation ordered a cleanup and the doors shut.
Kyojin Japanese Seafood on South Dixie Highway and the employee dining room at the Westin Fort Lauderdale were also ordered shut because of problems.
Below is a list of restaurants and some of the violation.
**KYOJIN JAPANESE SEAFOOD
6212 SOUTH DIXIE HIGHWAY
INSPECTION DATE 9/10/12
9 CRITICAL VIOLATIONS
7 NON-CRITICAL VIOLATIONS
“Critical. Observed roach activity as evidenced by 12 live roaches found by rice cookers in prep. area (KITCHEN).”
“Critical. Observed potentially hazardous food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. SUSHI LESS THAN 3 HOURS.”
**NEW DRAGON RESTAURANT
5902 WEST 16TH AVENUE
18 CRITICAL VIOLATIONS
“Critical. Observed the accumulation of 2 dead MICE in control devices IN KITCHEN AREA.”
“Critical. Observed rodent activity as evidenced by 15 FRESH AND 10 PLUS DRYED(OLD) rodent droppings found IN STORAGE AREA BY WATER HEATER SECTION DATE 9/11/12.”
“Critical. Observed rodent activity as evidenced by 10 FRESH AND 8 DRY(OLD)rodent droppings found in KITCHEN AREA BY COOK LINE.”
“Critical. Observed food stored on floor. Pork.”
***THE WESTIN RESORT FORT LAUDERDALE(EMPLOYEE DINING)
303 NORTH FORT LAUDERDALE BEACH BLVD.
INSPECTION DATE 9/12/12
3 CRITICAL VIOLATIONS
1 NON CRITICAL VIOLATION
“Critical. Observed roach activity as evidenced by live roaches found, 53 live roaches in food service area at employee cafeteria, by coolers and buffet tables. 1 live roach in dining room.”
Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Hollywood high rise to be demolished
Gratigny Plateau Park near completion
New video released shows Broward judge refused blood, urine tests
Woman evicted from Liberty City apartment after complaining about deplorable conditions
11-year-old released from hospital after severely burned while playing game