- No Purchase Necessary
- Anyone can submit a nomination but the person nominated must be a student between the ages of 11 and 14 (as of December 31st, 2013) who lives in Miami-Dade, Broward, or Monroe Counties.
- This contest is subject to all federal, state, or local laws. All federal, state, or other taxes arising from this contest are the winner's responsibility and will not be paid by WPLG-TV or Local10.com.
- All submissions must be received by March 1, 2013
- 5 finalists will receive Zoological Society of Florida Family Memberships ($119.00 value) and must participate in an interview to determine the Grand Prize winner.
- The Grand Prize winner will be announced on Earth Day (April 22, 2013).
- The Grand Prize will receive an all-expenses paid trip to Cusco and the “Lost City” of Machu Picchu in Peru courtesy of Inkaterra Authentic Nature Travel.
- The Grand Prize gets to bring an adult parent/guardian making the total prize package worth over $10,000. The trip will take place in late July of 2013.
- Employees and immediate families of WPLG-TV and Local 10.com, involved in this contest, their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries or agencies are not eligible to participate.
- WPLG-TV and Local10.com their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries or agencies are not liable for any losses, injuries or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance of and/or participation in prizes.
- Entrants may receive the name of the winner after 4/22/13 by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to: WPLG-TV, 3401 West Hallandale Beach Blvd, Pembroke Park, FL 33023 - ATTN: "Eco-Here Contest.".
- Winners will be required to execute forms prior to receiving any prize, releasing WPLG-TV, Post-Newsweek Station, Inc., their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries or agencies from any or all liabilities. Non-compliance with these rules may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Eco Hero contest rules
Published On: Feb 28 2013 10:28:30 AM EST Updated On: Feb 28 2013 10:29:29 AM EST
Businessman gets 30 days in prison for role in Yasiel Puig smuggling
More height, underground pool added to pelican rehabilitation habitat
Broward Teachers Union reaches deal with school district after months of negotiations
Red-light camera program suspended in Fort Lauderdale
Woman faces federal charges after incident at MIA