Family loses everything in fire
Updated On: Dec 26 2012 12:09:10 PM EST
A family lost their house in a fire, and strangers stepped up to save their Christmas
The Rodriguez family lost all of the belongings in their home at 15200 SW 184th Street when a fire tore through it Sunday morning. No one in the family was injured in the fire.
"I don't know, man, I was in bed and my kids started screaming, 'Daddy, there's a fire going on! there's a fire going on!'" said Haender Rodriguez.
"All the kids stuff got burned," said Aymara Rodriguez. "My husband was able to save two gifts which we already gave to them from under the tree, but everything else got burned."
Members of Miami-Dade Fire Rescue stepped up to help the Rodriguez family during Christmas. Toys and gift cards were donated for the children, and the family is being helped by the Red Cross.
"It was really nice, they bought a bike for my daughter, because he bike had burned," said Aymara Rodriguez. "My son is a little bit bigger, so he understands, but my daughter was crying a lot."
"This is making a difference having these people here you know what can I say," said Haender Rodriguez.
Children at Gladeview Christian School also held a 30 minute charity drive to help the family. They collected goods at their school on Monday morning
"Just thank God, even through these difficult times," said Pastor Luis Couvertier with Gladeview Christian School.
Couvertier presented the Rodriguez family with a $3,000 check on Monday.
Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Family thousands of dollars in debt after purchasing sick puppy
Colleagues pay respects to firefighter killed in crash
Texas patient diagnosed with 1st case of Ebola in US
Steven Bateman: 'I'm innocent, simple as that'
The Miami Beach Police Department releases the DUI test report for a City of Miami police officer who was arrested Sept. 4 after he was pulled over on the MacArthur Causeway.