Fatal fire ruled accidental
Updated On: Jan 03 2013 01:58:44 PM EST
Miami Fire Rescue ruled a fire that killed a woman on Wednesday morning as accidental.
Miami Fire Rescue reported finding cigarette butts throughout the duplex at 6313 NW 17th Avenue.
When firefighters arrived Wednesday morning, they found 56-year-old Chernal Fannell unconscious on the floor of the bedroom. She was transported to the hospital, where she died.
Firefighters said neighbors heard banging and believe Fannell was signaling for help.
"It appears that this woman was trying to get help or try to get out of her unit," Miami Fire Rescue Lt. Ignatius Carroll said Wednesday. "Not sure if she was trying to bang on the window using a drawer, but this is a situation where you have bars all around the window."
Police arrest man in death of woman whose body found in bathtub
Father kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide
Buena Fe concert to go on in Miami despite objections from community
Health company project manager takes stand in Steven Bateman trial
20-year-old with prior arrests charged in murder of Davie woman