Fort Lauderdale hotel catches fire
Updated On: Mar 15 2013 12:20:00 PM EDT
One person was taken to the hospital after a fire at a Travelodge hotel early Friday morning.
Investigators say the fire was contained to one room at the hotel located at 1250 East Sunrise Boulevard.
People were forced to evacuate the hotel as a precaution.
The fire marshal determined a burning cigarette sparked the fire. A hotel guest was smoking a cigarette when he fell asleep. He woke up and tried putting out the flames himself but was burned.
The 30-year-old hotel guest was taken to Broward Health with minor burns and smoke inhalation.
Fort Lauderdale woman says she's against feeding homeless in public
Politicians react following President Obama's executive action on immigration
South Carolina man accused of stealing $14,000 from South Fla. girlfriend
South Fla. parents welcome new additions to family on Nat'l Adoption Day
Local 10 speaks with South Fla. families affected by executive action on immigration reform