ME awaits toxicology in bug eater's death

Published On: Oct 09 2012 11:19:13 AM EDT
Updated On: Oct 09 2012 02:30:46 PM EDT
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -

The Broward Medical Examiner's Office was awaiting results of a toxicology report before finishing the autopsy of a man who died after eating dozens of insects as part of a contest to win a python.

Edward Archbold, 32, died shortly after participating in a roach-eating contest at Ben Siegel Reptiles in Deerfield Beach on Friday evening.

Ben Siegel, the owner of the store, said contestants must sign a waiver saying they are sober and don't have allergies to shellfish, which have similar allergens to cockroaches.

The Medical Examiner's Office said the toxicology report should be finished in about two weeks.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus