Man hospitalized, woman killed by carbon monoxide
Updated On: Jan 09 2013 10:14:25 AM EST
A woman died and her husband was hospitalized after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning on Tuesday afternoon.
It happened at 199 NE 202nd Terrace.
Paulette Campbell, the granddaughter of Wylene and Bobby Floyd, found the couple in their apartment about noon after their landlord called and said no one was answering their door.
"I was in shock and I basically already knew because I've taken care of patients with carbon monoxide poisoning before and if you don't get to them in time kind of already know," said Campbell.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue confirmed one person was transported to Jackson North Medical Center for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Wylene Floyd, 77, died. The condition of Bobby Floyd, who is in his 60s, was not immediately released.
The granddaughter of the couple said they had been married for more than 30 years. She said late Monday, neighbors told the landlord about a gaseous odor in their apartments, adding that a new gas stove had been recently installed in her grandparents' apartment.
State attorney offers murder suspect to pass polygraph test for freedom
Gov. Rick Scott persuades government to back off school grading system
Police say suspect, shooting victim may have known each other
Mother of kidnapped South Fla. journalist pleads for son's release
Man with ties to Sun Life Stadium caught on camera abusing dog