Meeting to discuss tolls on Miami-Dade Expressways
Updated On: Mar 19 2013 01:58:01 PM EDT
An MDX meeting Tuesday afternoon will discuss possible changes to the toll structure on the Dolphin and Airport Expressways.
The Expressway Authority is aiming to add a higher surcharge for non Sunpass users who are billed by plate. Tolls for Sunpass users would be lowered at some locations. Last year MDX collected more than $122 Million in tolls on the five expressways they manage; the changes could double that number.
Here are the changes planned for State Route 112, the Airport Expressway:
- Tolls that are currently collected in the eastbound lanes @ NW 12th Ave are currently $1. They would be reduced to 30 or 35 cents for Sunpass users. Twice that rate for toll-by-plate
- Another toll will be created at NW 32nd Ave. for eastbound and westbound lanes at the same rate.
Here are the changes planned for State Route 836, the Dolphin Expressway:
- Tolls at NW 17th Ave. and 97th Ave. would be reduced to 65 or 70 cents, double for toll-by-plate users.
- New tolls would be added at NW 57th Ave., also 65 or 70 cents.
- A new toll will be created for WB drivers at NW 17th Ave., also 65 or 70 cents.
Police: No evidence Wilton Manors assault was hate crime
Body found off Dania Beach believed to be body of missing diver
High-speed chase ends in crash outside Hallandale Beach Police Department
FIU police warn students of groper on bicycle
Country club groundskeeper found unresponsive after he was struck by lightning