Police question husband in triple murder
Updated On: Nov 14 2012 11:45:45 PM EST
Police are questioning the husband of a slain Miami-Dade woman after he turned himself in Wednesday night. However, police have not named him a suspect.
More than 24 hours after a family friend discovered the bodies of a woman and her two daughters inside of a closet in their west Miami-Dade home, the husband, Alberto Sierra is voluntarily speaking with police.
The home in the 7300 block of NW 4th Street remained roped off Wednesday.
Michael Padrino, Machado Sierra's former husband and the father of the two slain daughters, spoke with police late Tuesday.
Wednesday night, Machado Sierra's husband of a year, Alberto Sierra, was questioned by police. Sierra has been convicted several times, including for selling cocaine and possession of a firearm.
Sierra was released from jail about five months ago.
"Last time I saw the man was like a week ago. He was outside with some friends," said Kristopher Delgado, a neighbor.
Court records show a year before the couple married, Sierra was accused of assaulting Machado Sierra. A stay away order was issued in court.
Forensics officers secured more evidence and examined more of the scene Wednesday night.
"[A woman] smelled a foul odor. She then searched the house and went inside the bedroom where she found a mother and her two daughters dead inside of the closet," said Miami-Dade Police Detective Roy Rutland.
Maria, who lives next door, said she didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in the last week.
"They have two dogs and they used to bark a lot like the last days, barking a lot. We noticed that was kind of, you know, but from then everything was normal. We didn't hear a scream or anything," said Maria. "You feel sorry for what happened and it's very close to you. The energy is around."
Machado worked at the Beauty Schools of America, where coworkers were dealing with the news.
"We're very sorry and we send out our condolences to the family," Jeff Gonzalez.
Police said the woman also has a 6-year-old son.
"We have that little boy located," Rutland said. "He is safe. He has not been harmed."
On Wednesday evening, Miami-Dade Police said no more information would be released in the case.
Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.