Ten words to use more often
Updated On: Jan 21 2013 05:14:17 AM EST
Wayne State University has released its fifth annual list of the top 10 words that should be used more often.
According to their website, the list is referred to as Wayne State’s Word Warriors series and it promotes words they believe are worthy of being brought back into common conversation and prose.
The words are:
1. Buncombe: Rubbish or nonsense
2. Cerulean: The color of the sky
3. Chelonian: Like a turtle
4. Dragoon: To force someone to do something they’d rather not.
5. Fantods: Extreme anxiety or distress
6. Mawkish: Excessively sentimental or sappy
7. Natter: To talk aimlessly
8. Persiflage: Banter or frivolous talk
9. Troglodyte: A cave-dweller
10. Winkle: To pry out or extract
First lawsuit in Miami-Dade grow-house explosion heard in court
Police want to talk to ex-boyfriend of woman missing since Sept. 9
UM backup quarterback Kevin Olsen charged with DUI
Hialeah man drags woman until she let’s go of purse
Woman paralyzed in Lighthouse Point car crash, 1 arrested