Boy, 7, burns self after being left alone
Updated On: Apr 26 2013 02:23:30 PM EDT
A woman was charged with child neglect after the 6-year-old boy she was babysitting burned himself when he was left unattended.
According to investigators, around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, police received a call regarding a child who had what appeared to be burns on his body.
The boy apparently burned himself when he attempted to light a candle, police said.
When officers arrived at the home, located at 4222 Inverrary Boulevard, they determined that the child had been left unattended when the incident happened.
During a follow-up investigation, it was determined that the sitter, identified as Samantha Beaubriant, left the child alone and failed to provide adequate supervision.
Beaubriant was arrested and charged with child neglect.
The child was taken to a local hospital where he was treated for his injuries and released.