Boys burned after gas from toy car explodes
Updated On: Dec 20 2013 10:50:27 AM EST
Authorities say three boys were severely burned after they set gasoline from remote control cars on fire on a gravel driveway in Jupiter.
The gasoline exploded Wednesday evening, leaving the boys — ages 13, 11 and 10 — with serious injuries.
"I heard the booms and it sounded like gunshots," said Claude Taylor, a neighbor. "I hear it so often I didn't think too much of it until I came out and then I heard the screaming -- the kids screaming."
The oldest and youngest boys are brothers. They were flown to St. Mary's Medical Center where the remained late Wednesday.
Their 11-year-old neighbor, Miles Robert Jones (pictured), was flown to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami. Family friends say he suffered second-degree burns on 25 percent of his body.
Palm Beach County Sheriff's spokeswoman Teri Barbera says the boys tipped gasoline out of the remote control cars and set the liquid on fire.
Tractor-trailer driver saved after running off road into Miami canal
South Florida condo president charged for running association without license
Man points gun at cabbie, steals money after placing pick-up call
Crowds of South Floridians head to polls for early voting
Apple Pay launches in over 200,000 stores Monday