Four Miami firefighters were injured Sunday in a house fire that happened at 1734 NW 44th St.
When firefighters arrived at the home, there was heavy smoke consuming the front of the house and flames engulfing the rear.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire after about 30 minutes of battling the blaze. They then found several kerosene lanterns, candles and gasoline containers upon searching the house.
The 63-year-old man who lives in the home told officials he left his home for about 20 minutes before a friend got a hold of him to inform him of the fire.
Officials reported the man said he had no power for the last two weeks, so he was using the lanterns and candles for light.
Four firefighters suffered second-degree burns to the wrist, neck and ears while battling the fire. Officials said those firefighters were taken to a hospital for treatment.
The house was deemed unsafe and uninhabitable. The American Red Cross was notified to assist the 63-year-old man and his roommate.