Third suspect arrested in North Miami Beach parking lot abduction, rape

Published On: Feb 20 2014 06:31:41 PM EST
Updated On: Feb 21 2014 09:34:50 PM EST

A third and final suspect in a North Miami Beach abduction and rape is arrested.

NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -

A third suspect arrested in connection with the rape of a woman last month has been identified.

North Miami Beach police Friday announced the arrest of Dwayne Pryce.

 A 26-year-old woman was picking up food from a North Miami Beach restaurant Jan. 16 when two teenagers forced her into the back seat of her car and drove her to a remote area of northern Miami-Dade County, where she was sexually assaulted.

Police previously said Antonio Hodgson, 16, and Terry Petit-Frere, 17, were responsible.

During Friday's news conference, police revealed their belief that Pryce was the suspect who followed behind the car in a van.

Detectives were able to use surveillance video to find the van.

Police said they also found a fingerprint belonging to Pryce on the victim's food bag, even though he told them he was never in the car with the victim.

North Miami Beach Police Chief J. Scott Dennis read a note written by the victim, saying it was the toughest situation she has experienced, but it gives her "mind a bit more peace" knowing the suspects have been brought to justice.

All three suspects face charges of armed sexual battery, armed robbery and kidnapping.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus