Cashman: Yankees made Cano 'significant offer'

By By The Sports Xchange
Published On: Mar 01 2013 10:48:34 AM EST
New York Yankees' Robinson Cano

REUTERS/Mike Segar

New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman confirmed to reporters Thursday that the team has made a "significant offer" to second baseman Robinson Cano.

Yankees managing general partner Hal Steinbrenner said last week that the Yankees have told agent Scott Boras, who represents Cano, that they're willing to consider a long-term deal.

Cano, 30, can become a free agent after the 2013 season, and Boras typically prefers that his players hit the open market. The lefty played in 161 games last season, and batted .313 with 33 homers and 48 doubles. He has hit .300 or better in six of his eight major-league seasons.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus